söndag 28 december 2008

need

.
"Remember the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other". (Dalai Lama)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Found this saying in a blogpost at Pip's and thought at first "that's nice" until I really began to dwell upon the meaning of it. This can be just as demanding for a spirit weak in patience as it is comforting to someone who is strong - and when forced upon You such a nail in the flesh!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
more --->

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

You observation of the spirit of a person and allusion to nail driven into the flesh is a whole different level of thought on that post. Deep...

Someone loved us enough to create us but He did not need us.

Lady of the Lake sa...

Funny guy, this "creator" ... ;-)

- but even in human relations the optimum way of loving someone isn't necessarily by being present, is it? And if You can't but still want to - well, that's when it hurts.

Unknown sa...

Yes I do understand your point there. Actually I recognize that point with a realization that is painfully true. Are you peering into my soul...if so I would advise not opening the blue door with the ivy vine growing on either side of it :-)

Lady of the Lake sa...

By no means did I have to peer further than into my own soul, and when it comes to love, pain and passion - as a human AND former pastor (my appologies to all still active colleagues!) - I seem to have more metaphors for these issues than I successfully manage to host: they keep leeking out, right here!

Now about that door... I'm a lousy botanist and unable to tell ivy vine from nettle but I promise to stay respectful to blue doors. :-)