torsdag 18 december 2008

TP17

Tomtar 17"Alright, so I was wandering around town last night after my friends b-day party and finally in the Christmas mood. It is really really hard to get there sometimes. I turned a corner and there was the Texas sized Father Christmas on top of a building. I thank the Creator above that it was close to midnight, that there was a scotch mist in the air (that is what we called that rain in England that is most like a wet fog) and the roads were empty because I came to an abrupt stop. Hmmm I thought to myself someone is giving me a sign as this is the counterpart to those really small tomtar I had been associating with in my house. Thus we have the really big TEXAS sized tomte pictures. Then there was this glowing ball of excitement on someone’s front porch, so I cautiously crept through the mist as to not scare and snapped a quick picture. Finally I have to add the slightly off focus but glowing tomte. I found him both fascinating and disturbing at the same time. All of the photos were slightly blurry and I wonder if he was maybe shifting between two existences … the world of the tomtar and ours. I wonder….."



The miracle is not to fly in the air, or to walk on the water, but to walk on the earth. – Chinese Proverb




.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
... to be continued... fortsättning följer...

5 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

cool.17 tomtars :)

Anni, the problem is: the internet is full. the link shows you the truth ;)
but i think, if you translate the text, you read some confused sentences ;)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Eighteen now and there are more coming in! :-)

Wortman claims in one of his blogposts that the internet is full, but since I don't understand german I'll just pretend like nothing has happened and happily continue my surfing through the cyberspace. ;-)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Pip

Thank You for Your contribution! :-) It is rare, but even to me, that special Chrismas-feeling sometimes occure. I can see the Texans are eager to bring it forth in each and everyone, but still I wonder: what does the trick for You? The really small tomtar in Your home or the really big ones outdoors?

Unknown sa...

Anni,

As I shy away from the holiday...I feel it has lost its trueness...and tend to celebrate it for what it is I would say the smaller ones in my home. Plus there is value there. The Santa tomte was created and hand painted by my mother. The wooden tree tomte was hand carved by a little 7 year old in Michigan and the Snowman was discovered by the one who was my wife at one point in a little christmas shop at a happy point in my life. Finally the one with the *easter eggs* is the oldest and wisest and comes from a long line of generations past. Interesting that out of tomtar in my potential assortment of tomte I unconciously am pulled to these. Great thought provoking question by beautiful lady of the northern lakes.

Philip

Lady of the Lake sa...

I knew it. :-)
The thing with me personally, and maybe it's safe to tell now that it will soon be over and done with: I've never been very fond of Xmas and for swedishspeaking blogvisitors who have followed me since last year it's not at all a secret - I did a whole serie of blogposts about my Xmas-suffering then...
This year's been a little better since I came up with the idea of collecting tomtar, and of course it's the interaction I seek and not the tomtar themselves. There are many ways to deal with holidaytraumas and making a "positive fuzz about whatever" is one. I've enjoyed it immensely. :-)