lördag 23 februari 2008

Special edition for my friends from abroad

Every now and then a visitor who doesn't read or write swedish shows up, and each and every time it happens more than once I am equally grateful! There is something very comforting in the fact that pictures, photos and paintings seem to communicate in a universal language, able to reach far beyond the spoken and written ones. Anyway, here on request by Mr Santiago del Río and hopefully for the benefit of René, Susan, Thomas, Lila and other visitors from abroad, I will try to tell You - very briefly I'm afraid! - the story behind my blog "Lady of the Lake".

You see, I'm in love with a small little lake in western Finland. I grew up in it's surroundings, and it is also the place where my ancestors once upon a time, long ago, chose to settle down. Through the years it has brought me more joy, magic, mysteries, memories, sorrows and disappointment than I could possibly describe in a thousand pages, yet to me it's still the most beautiful place on earth. Sometimes I think I moved away from home too young, and that would be the reason for my longing back to the lake.

My blog is also about the love I feel for several areas of artistic expression. The art of photography, the art of music, painting, writing... but most of all: the art of living. The art of remaining human in a society that doesn't always automatically allow us to do so.

As for the different posts: all the material published on "Lady of the Lake" (except for the comics and a few guest appearances) are my own productions. Using this [LINK] You can listen to me singing and playing my own composition "Where grace is".

Feel free to ask me any questions about certain posts that may interrest You in the future (older ones as well, of course!), and I will do my very best to give You at least a short summary!

Yours sincerely,

Anni
Lady of the Lake

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

This is one of the most beautiful, honest, soulful songs I have ever heard. I am amazed you wrote this and played the music as well as sang the words. OUTSTANDING. Everyone should hear you! You are so talented! Many hugs and blessings--- Sibyllae (from the U.S.)

Anonym sa...

Anni thank you so much for including me on your list! As you know, I may not always understand your words, but I love your art, photography, and now your music!! I had no idea! It is so, so beautiful!!
You know I have you on my blogroll. Maybe I will try to link this in my next post (I am not the most technical). :(

I love your lake...I understand your pull to it. I did not have such a place growing up. In fact, I really didn't have roots. I do have such a place now..the island that I am always talking about. Can't remember if you saw this post http://island11.wordpress.com/2008/01/24/happinesshmmmm/
There are a couple of pictures of it on the post. I am creating my own roots. :)

Thank you again for sharing my dear friend!! I am looking forward to more of your words, photography, and MUSIC!!

Good energy to you!
Gypsy-heart (AKA Susan :)

Anonym sa...

inspired through your words to your foreign visitors without knowledge of your language I felt obliged to put an Austrian heaven seen today in the evening to my last article about painting issues - I think my interpretations
are not easy to understand even for German-speaking people. & I don´t see photos as simple illustration, they give their own narrations as paintings do.
a heaven dedicated to you! rené

M sa...

I am glad to see you have so many foreign visitors! Ostrobothnia does indeed have a very special magic to it and I dare say that most of it is attached and rooted in the nature. I miss the calm and misty midsummer nights and the smell of rain! Oh well, I do sit on a Pacific beach so I should not complain...
Best wishes from Santa Monica.

Anonym sa...

my comment from yesterday was not ananymous: http://renedesor.wordpress.com
yours sincerely, rené

Lady of the Lake sa...

Dear Sibyllae,

I was - and still am! - so moved by the gesture on your blog, I'm having a really hard time finding the right words to describe how I feel.
THANK YOU, once again, for You kind words!

Hugs and blessings - in thousands!


Gypsy-Heart,

belowed cybercompanion! THANK YOU for being here with me, even if physically halfway around the world! I visit your blog almost every day, and I've really come to think of You as a sister in spirit - a lot of the time I don't comment on your posts because You allready wrote everything I could possibly want to say!
Yes, I saw/read Your post about "Happiness... hmmmm" and I'm glad You now feel capable of creating the roots You didn't have as a child. It looks as if You have chosen a lovely spot of the planet to "call your own"! :-)

Good energy to You too, Susan!


René,

highly appreciated lakealike! THANK YOU for sharing Your Austrian heaven!
The fact is that I can ALMOST understand German, and a lot of the time I THINK I know approximately what Your posts are about, but then something happens and I loose it all... and maybe it's may lack of language skills or YOU being cryptic... ;-)

Take care!
See You around!


M

I am indeed very thankful for my foreign visitors, this is the greatest thing about the internet -being able to find kindered spirits from all around the world!

Maybe that's just the way it is - to be able to really appreciate where You came from, You will eventually, at some point in Your life, have to leave? Midsummernights in Ostrobothnia are beautiful with it's crisp, green birchtree leaves and the very special light, but it is also full of KRANKAR, remember? ;-) (mosquitos, to the rest of You!)

KRAM! And I'll soon get back to You on e-mail!


René

That's the way I like it! Now we can easily find Your colourful cybercorner!

:-)