söndag 15 februari 2009

projection & paradox

.
DON'T GO FAR OFF, NOT EVEN FOR A DAY
.
Don't go far off, not even for a day, because -
because - I don't know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.
.
Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart.
.
Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance.
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest,
.
because in that moment you'll have gone so far
I'll wander mazily over all the earth, asking,
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying?
^
~Pablo Neruda

8 kommentarer:

goatman sa...

I like Neruda when I read it, pretty symbolism.
And I like that you like Antony. I heard him sing a Leonard Cohen song once (I think it was "Hallelluia") and it was beautifully teary.

Lady of the Lake sa...

I simply ADORE Pablo Neruda's way of describing life, love and passion, and wish I would be able to read and understand his poems in his original language - unfortunately I can't. Neruda tells it like it is and his words "rips my heart out" like not a lot of poetry do.

Anthony could do some Neruda, don't You think? He already did E A Poe's "The Lake" incredibly beautifully. :-)

Anonym sa...

Nice idea with this flying mermaid ;) Let me see your fly across the cloudsph

Lady of the Lake sa...

Oh, mermaids DO fly. Under certain circumstances they really do. The weather conditions have to be very advantageous, though. :-)

Anonym sa...

This seems to be for the lonely one (including me)

These words touch my heart and my soul. Sometimes loneliness can be hard to stand!
Waiting can be so very cruel!

Lady of the Lake sa...

A famous Swedish operasinger - or rather a living legend!- Kjerstin Dellert, recently spoke about her life and somewhat controvesial history on a TV-serie. When asked about passion she said, firmly stating: "Passion is when Your need to be together with another person is so strong that Your only other alternative is to die - that is passion."

Anonym sa...

wow,strong words!
It can be so strange, wanting to stay alone and then falling in love, still prefer to be alone but somehow hard to stand.

Your posts inspire me much!

Lady of the Lake sa...

Thank You. Love is easy. LIFE is hard.