torsdag 20 november 2008

light & salt

“You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt has become tasteless, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled under foot by men. You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your father who is in heaven." (Matthew 5:13-16)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey now, all you sinners
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you lovers
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you killers
Put your lights on, put your lights on
Hey now, all you children
Leave your lights on, you better leave your lights on

Cause there's a monster living under my bed
Whispering in my ear
There's an angel, with a hand on my head
She say I've got nothing to fear
There's a darkness living deep in my soul
I still got a purpose to serve
So let your light shine, deep into my home
God, don't let me lose my nerve
Lose my nerve

We all shine like stars
We all shine like stars
Then we fade away"

.
Among a lot of other strange wellness-programmes provided for the staff of the organisation I work for, last week my colleagues and I got to visite a salt room and afterwards a relaxation room at this little clinique for alternative health treatments. I'm still not sure about the long term consequenses of this procedure, or if the salt really has an effect on Your breathing etc, but the relaxation programme afterwards was nice. Quite a few of us fell asleep...
.
Halflying in a comfortable chair and covered in a warm a blanket I was surrounded by soft, beautiful music and many, many glowing salt lamps that had been placed all over the room. A year ago I for some reason got two salt lamps as gifts from aquaintances and I must admit they've been set aside for awhile, but coming home I lit the candles in them and my thoughts started to wander.
.
There is a difference between salt and salt, between light and light. Or is there? Maybe it's all just a matter of how flat or insipid the "taste" was to begin with? Or how deep the darkness?
.
In comparison.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bland en massa andra konstiga program för välmående de anställda i den organisation jag arbetar för fått ta del av, besökte mina kolleger och jag förra veckan ett saltrum och därefter ett avslappningsrum på denna lilla klinik för alternativa hälsobehandlingar. Jag är fortfarande inte övertygad om de långsiktiga verkningarna av proceduren, eller om saltet verkligen har en gynnsam effekt på andning etc, men avslappningsprogrammet efteråt var i a f trevligt. Flera av oss somnade ...
.
Halvliggande i en bekväm stol och inlindad i en varm filt jag var omgiven av behaglig, vacker musik och många, många glödande saltlyktor som hade placerats här och var i hela rummet. För ett år sedan fick jag av någon anledning två salt lampor som gåvor från bekanta och jag måste måste tyvärr erkänna de nog för en längre tid förpassats till skåpet, men när kom hem tände jag ljus i dem och tankarna började flöda.
.
Det är skillnad på salt och salt, ljus och ljus. Eller är det? Kanske har allt att göra med hur fadd "smaken" var till att börja med? Eller hur djupt mörkret?
.
Jämförelsevis.

6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

these salt-lamps looks great :)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Yes, they've got a nice glow.:-) I like to look at them, which is good for my november mood, but as for further expectations on health improvements... well, I'm not convinced.

Anonym sa...

hey - from somewhere I know this song... ;o) it is damned good!

have a nice weekend, Anni!

Lady of the Lake sa...

You too, You too, Matha!
*cyberhug*

Anonym sa...

Jag har en saltpipa. Oj vad den löser upp slem i halsen ;) Men jag kommer mig inte för att använda den så regelbundet som jag borde...

/kronisk slemmis

Lady of the Lake sa...

Jag har tänkt skaffa en så'n! Också slemmis. Och torris. Om vartannat, liksom. ;-)