torsdag 16 april 2009

Vapriikki - the factory and the birds

Vapriikki
the old days


Vapriikki
nowadays
restaurantpart


















Mitt förvärvsarbete gör att jag med tåg åker till Tammerfors denna arla morgon. Seminarier i socialt arbete väntar och även om tidtabellen är knapp hinner vi vid ankomsten till staden - p g a seminariernas placering: ett gammalt restaurerat fabriksområde - med en trevlig promenad längs älven.
Seminarierna är av det mer lättsmälta slaget, vilket aldrig är fel när man stigit upp på tok för tidigt och viss vårtrötthet börjar göra sig påmind, men desto mera vaknar jag upp vid lunch och det inte p g a den delikata gurksoppa med tilltugg som serveras utan för att...

Jag plötsligt befinner mig mitt i den exklusiva svanversionen av Hitchcocks kultfilm Fåglarna!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Early in the morning, this very day, my work allows me to travel by train to Tampere. Seminars in social work are awaiting, and even if our schedule is tight - because of the location of the seminars: an old restored factory area - we on arrival have enough time for a pleasant walk along the river. These seminars happen to be of a more easily digestible sort -which is never a bad thing when You've gotten up way too early in the morning and spring fever is starting to remind You of its excistens - but the more I really wake up at lunch and not because of the delicate cucumber soup served ...

I suddenly find myself in the midst of the exclusive swanversion of Hitchcocks cultfilm the Birds!


6 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

not Hitchock, but Nils Holgersson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzCygWJD4Og

Lady of the Lake sa...

Naja, my very personal perception on this swan-installation was far more morbid than how Selma Lagerlöf's Nils ever has come across to me. ;-)

Anonym sa...

oh - swans... I have to wear my glasses!

Lady of the Lake sa...

Niiils Hoooooolgerssooooon... trallallallaa lallallallaaa... NIIIIILS HOOOOLGERSSOOOON...

I find that thought a lot more appealing, Matha!
:-D

Bist Du auch eine Brillenschlange? 8-)
I'm far to sloppy when it comes to wearing my own...

Anonym sa...

I think my inner child wanted to see geese...
& die Brillenschlange lässt grüßen! ;o)

Lady of the Lake sa...

I think I need to start using my glasses, Matha - not because of the birds but because of the elephants! I can't find any! :-(
Maybe they're just really small around here?