lördag 25 april 2009

Happiness

... or the sound of angels passing my office door

I'm sitting by my computer doing administrative work - which does not apply to my talent, nor to my patience, but still needs to be done - when workdayangel nr 1 sneaks into my office:

"Sorry to interrupt, but could I please borrow one of the guitars?" "Sure" I answer "They're meant to be played upon". After a few minutes workdayangel 2 comes in, scratching his chin a little, the way he often does: "Hmmm... I was thinking... about playing a little... guitar... but I could use some help with the tuning... is that ok?" "Of course" I answer, "but the best one of the guitars is already taken - do You mind playing a less comfortable one?" "Yes... I mean no... it's ok."

Workdayangel nr 3 does not talk much unless he has to. He just very carefully opens the door, smiles and with an inquiring look on his face points his finger towards the third and last guitar - for some reason they're all kept in my office - and I just nod: yes, You may take it.

Five minutes later I'm still sitting by my desk, but with the door wide open. Well, not just the door: my soul is wide open too! From the other room melodies are flooding towards me with an emotional strength and beauty that almost makes me cry.

Since I have no device available to record the happening I decide to make an attempt catching the athmosphere with my camera instead - of course it's impossible, but trying's definately worth the effort.

"Aren't You done taking photos yet, Anni?!?" workdayangel nr 4 who has joined the scene grins and askes. "Not by far!" I smile and answer, well aware the angel himself loves to be the centre of attention.

I feel fortunate. They are dear to me. I should tell them more often.

I would like to give them wings.

6 kommentarer:

Tomas Blyerts (ex workday angel not beeing able to play the guitar) sa...

Bjuutiföl! :)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Men kan du flyga då, Tomas Leisure-angel? Kan du flyga?!? :-)

Tomas Blyerts sa...

Nä, inte ens det kan jag :)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Jaha. Nåja, det är ju ett faktum att man ibland får vänta länge på resultaten av den här sortens välvilja.
;-D

Tomas Blyerts sa...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvuL5jyCHOw

Lady of the Lake sa...

Perfect! :-)