torsdag 14 april 2011

just a singer


Last sunday I gave a concert in a church for the first time in 15 years (of course I forgot to have photos taken, sorry about that). It went really well, thank You for asking, and I am still filled with joy over each and everyone attending. My fellow musicians were absolutely brilliant! Love You all!

I'm an educated pastor of congregation and during my younger years the Christian societies of Ostrobothnia were my natural habitat, until I left the profession used and abused and totally burned out after only a couple of years as a humble servant. I don't believe anyone meant to do me harm, I was just too young. Anyway, I have not longed back for one minute. I still don't. However, I think each and every one of us have our own personal ghosts from the past we need to deal with. Sooner or later.

Besides, I like to sing. No. I LOVE IT. I NEED TO.

My main ghost from the middle of the 90's chickened out though. That makes me a very brave girl, because I was there and he was not - although he certainly was expected to be, by all of us. But there is no use blaming a coward for being a coward. Cowards tend to stay faithful to the only way of living they think they can handle, no matter if it suffocates them or not. The refined art of avoiding confrontation and development. Makes it a little bit hard to breathe sometimes, doesn't it...?

I prefer my personal hell hot, short and effecient - pretty much like an overheated Finnish sauna - and then over and done with.

But hey... that's just me.

I'm just a singer.


[LINK]

1 kommentar:

Unknown sa...

I am so happy for you. I wish I could have seen you up there in your element. I am glad that you realize that you LOVE to do this. For when you find out what it is you LOVE then life becomes just a beautiful thing.

BTW love the picture and that necklace just works so well.

Good day my gorgeous mermaid of the north. Aloha and Namaste.

Philip