fredag 30 oktober 2009

pumpkin

For various reasons we've been preparing for Halloween this year even if it's not an original tradition in Finland. There is always some debate going on wether the celebration of this feast should be allowed to interfere with the more traditional Solemnity of All Saints or Hallowmass, but for me...

... well, I just happened to find this pumpkin I could not resist!

My son did the carving. Quite nice, is it not, for an absolute beginner? Personally I have nothing to brag about. The pumpkin pie I tried to make both felt and tasted like oatmeal (porridge) in a tortilla bread. At least the roasted seeds turned out pretty tasty. I can sit here now pretending to be a bird, eating pumpkin seeds. Maybe also a little worm or two. *lol*

I always wanted to fly, though. For real.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 kommentarer:

Julius sa...

Amazing photos and a nice song!

Perhaps if you ever find yourself state side around Halloween we could try some American made Pumpkin Pie.

Lady of the Lake sa...

Thank You! :-)
I'd love that!

Unknown sa...

I just love that second picture. That pumpkin is incredible.

I have to be honest ... I was not a lover of the pumpkin pie for years until I had one that just was like a mousse in a pie shell and I fell in love.

~ Philip

Lady of the Lake sa...

Thank You, dear Philip, for Your heartwarming comment!

...however, the more descriptions I get about how a REAL pumpkin pie should feel, behave or taste... the more I start to believe I DID get it right... but I AM probably not american enough to like it... anyway... ;-)