onsdag 14 januari 2009

you are


YOU ARE THE RESURRECTION OF MY SOUL

You are the resurrection of my soul
to ecstasy in what is real,
so the air touches me hot as fire
like a sea of glass that I feel,
and the power of my eyes,
so that numbly they catch a glimmer
of how all the colours flame out
in a drunken shimmer.

You are the strength of my will,
You give me a fortitude
to wait and to act,
that I have never had,
Yes my senses' hunger,
that incite me and pursue,
becomes rejoicing every day
because it is for You.

You are the ripeness of my life.
You make me whole.
Out of my past now gathers
each thread and smallest dole.
On a hundred different roads
I have walked and strived.
Now they meet. It is towards You
That I have lived.

~ Karin Boye (swedish original here)

4 kommentarer:

M sa...

One of my favorite Boye poems. When I and my DH first met each other and went through the whole wonderful whirlwind of falling in love I used to translate Boye poems for him because I did not want him to live without knowing her poetry! And the last verse in this poem is brilliant. Ah, Karin Boye always makes me happy and filled with hope!

Lady of the Lake sa...

You said it all, cybersis. :-)

Anonym sa...

thank you very much for posting this & of course for the translation!

bewitching words

Lady of the Lake sa...

I was lucky - didn't have to translate the poem myself, David McDuff did. Yes, bewitching words, as always when it comes to Karin Boye.