tisdag 30 mars 2010

Milano

Can't help but laughing a bit at the sight of this picture: ME... in numero uno fashion capitol of Europe last sunday afternoon - dressed in a sloppy tunic, jeans and converse, and with a hairdo that looks like a miniature easter bonfire. Not even the doves that normally gather in hundreds on the piazza before the feet of tourists wanted to approach me!

.
As always when confronted with religious culture - in this case the Duomo of Milan - I start looking for faults, small accidents and flosses... like missing bodyparts on statues. In St Petersburg of Russia a while back I was informed that visitors to monuments like these sometimes simply break pieces of ornament off to keep as souvenirs and put them into their pockets or handbags... (I hope to yet someday create art someone might find worth stealing!)
.
.
Seems to me the Milanese statues don't need tourists to cut their heads off - they are doing an excellent job themselves. And as for myself? - did I cut anything off? No. Of course not. I have a great souvenir standing in the hallway of my appartment anyway: my suitcase including clothes and other necesseties marinated in extra virgine olive oil... with olives too! I just wish there would have been some smoked scamorza-cheese instead... *sigh*

2 kommentarer:

Darren Daz Cox sa...

what lovely photographs! I think the most glamorous people are the ones who really appreciate the loveliness of the world!

Lady of the Lake sa...

Thank You, Darren! I agree! Well, it took an sicilian ten year old boy to see the glamour girl in ME and offer to take my photograph! :-D