måndag 23 november 2009

Note to Self

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them."

- George Bernard Shaw
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a bridge that links what I do with what I would like to do", he thinks. Slowly, his dreams take over his everyday life, and then he realises that he is ready for the thing he always wanted."

- Paulo Coelho from "Manual of the warrior of light"

9 kommentarer:

Julius sa...

A simply wonderful posting!

kalks sa...

Right on spot, both quotes. And the picture is just amazing.....

Anonym sa...

Long time no see :(

What a nice posting.. and a lady with a beautiful smile :)

Anonym sa...

surprise! nice to see you!

but I think Mr. Shaw was misguided - it isn't correct to argue circumstances away

Lady of the Lake sa...

Julio

Thank You! Sort of an affirmation, I think. *cyberhug*

Kalks

Thank You. Take care of Yourself. Whoever You are. ;-) Always.

Wortman

Oh, dear W! Thanx. Have You missed me? I've missed You too! I wish You a nice wintertime with lots of ice-cream! :-D

Matha

Dito, dito, dear cybersis!
You are right, it isn't correct to argue circumstances away (they are real!) - but maybe that is not what Mr Shaw intended? Maybe he just wanted to remind us not to depend on/be restricted by the somewhat numbing "if only...". To ACT, and not just REact?

Sanna sa...

Asså, de va smart å djupt å så, men de enda jag vill säga är att du är SÅ J-VLA SNYGG!!! *stolt*

Anonym sa...

ah, in the sense of to build up your own coordinate system....

M sa...

In my case I had to build that bridge Coelho talks about, from scratch. No blueprint or anything. Not to sound corny, but I really thought of it as a bridge. Fast forward: it held, it worked, I'm here. Try it! It does work! :-)

Lady of the Lake sa...

Sanna-vännen

Det är INSIDAN som räknas, INSIDAN! Raring, på bilden är jag trött, jag är svettig, blank i ansiktet, sminket är på god väg att rinna bort, lockarna på väg att rakna... *forsätt gärna att vara stolt* ;-)

Matha

My thought exactly, sis. :-)

M

I know You did, dear M, and I greatly admire You for doing so.
One day I will tell You more about my own journey too, and hopefully You'll recognize a few of the footprints left on my map - by You! *hugs*